Focus Security Conference – Year 1
Case Study: Event Production & Management
McAfee’s Focus Security Conference was an inaugural, user-centered activity for the exchange of ideas, experiences, challenges and solutions in an increasingly complex cyber-environment – “inaugural” being the operative descriptor from a producer’s perspective. Nothing pre-existed and attendees were expected to pay their own way. So, the task was not only to create a new class of event for McAfee from the ground up that met their expectations, but also to stir attraction to the event for paying attendees – at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.
An end-to-end production and execution strategy was developed collaboratively with McAfee’s event team over the course of a year – from overall event project management and creative media development to staging and technical support; from food and beverage and room blocks to talent and event website management – from opening registration to post-event evaluation.
Focus became a four-day, multi-sensory user experience that featured:
- Three custom High-Definition video openers – one tone-setting piece for each of the conference’s three general sessions
- An expansive stage and projection “system” that included a 575 sq. ft. center screen, two flanking adjunct screens with connective and integrated LED panels – all of which could be discretely sourced for one emphatic wide-screen panorama or multiple images simultaneously – each or all in HD
- All general session media design, development and production – including extensive 3D animated graphics
- Companion exhibits management and production
- Breakout session production and speaker selection & management
- All program signage
- A final night Grand Finale with renowned singer-songwriter Peter Cincotti, American Idol’s Katharine McPhee, Romanian pianist prodigy Geanina and hosted by TV and film personality, Vanessa Marcil
- A “Studio 54” styled Welcome Reception
A stunning success that informed, exchanged, entertained and motivated beyond the expectations of both McAfee and the attendees – and led to repeat contracts over the following years due, in part, to a dramatic ROI from new and incremental business generated by the event.
The conference has been produced by EVI since 2008 inception and continues to present-day. EVI is a company co-founded by VOLO’s CEO Charles Marto who in 2008 and 2009 led the development, management, and was the Executive Producer this conference while serving as Executive Vice President at EVI.
MORE CASE STUDIES
The Concert for America’s Kids
View Work >
World Children’s Day
View Work >
Focus Security Conference
View Work >
LET’S START A CONVERSATION